Monday, March 1, 2010

To Kill A Mocking Bird

Linguistic Task

Interview with Atticus


Reporter: Good Evening, Mr Atticus Sir. I am Mr Smith from HS Reporting Company and I am here to interview you, sir.

Atticus: Please come in. Would you like a cup of coffee or would you like to have something to eat?

Reporter: No, thanks.

(Atticus showed me to a comfortable armchair.)

Reporter: Alright, let’s start our interview. So, you have one son and a daughter right?

Atticus: Yes, Jem…Scout… Please come here and greet this pleasant gentleman.

(Jem and Scout greeted the reporter.)

Reporter: It looks like you have brought up your children well.

Atticus: I wouldn’t say I did such a good job. I just try to bring them up so that they will know right from wrong. My black cook Calpurnia has done most of the work in bringing them up.

Reporter (pretends to be shocked): You let a black cook raise your children?

Atticus: I don’t believe in discriminating people because of colour or race.

Reporter: I see that that you are a righteous man. I suppose it was the same case when you fought for Tom Robinson.

Atticus: Yes, that poor man got murdered for someone else’s crime.

Reporter: The case was bound to bring difficulties for your children, why did you still pursue it?

Atticus: I could not let that man die without a fight for him. I was fighting for the greater good. My children were only trying to face of teasing and discrimination while Tom was trying to fight off death.

Reporter: I see your point. This has been a very pleasant interview Mr Atticus Sir. Thank you very much.

Atticus: My pleasure.

____________________________________________________


Intrapersonal Task:

If I was in the novel, the person I would be friends with would be Atticus. Atticus is very intelligent and therefore he would be a good person to go to for advice. He is also reliable and honest. All these qualities is why Atticus makes a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment